Tuesday, June 25, 2013

That lovely little devil

   
      I had the weirdest dream ever. Weirdest but also the coolest.
     The background was such that I was married into this really wealthy, old aristocratic family, you know, like Granthams from Downton Abby. They didn’t like me very much, but I didn’t care, I loved my wife, she loved me.
     Eventually we had a baby. Oh, I loved her so much. She was tiny, smelled so beautiful, I was just carrying her around in bliss. Then at one point I lost her. I just turned away for a second and she was gone. Everyone was looking for her in panic, I was devastated, I thought someone kidnapped her, or maybe she had fallen into some hole.
     And then I found her. But to my surprise she was older. I lost her when she was a baby, but now she was like three - four years old. Still I knew she was my daughter. Not thinking that it was weird, I took her in my arms with relief.
     “Where have you been? We were looking for you everywhere! Don’t do it ever again” – I cried.
     “Sorry daddy I was hiding. I had some stuff to do” she said apologetically. “I love you daddy” she added with a smile and kissed me.
     It was the first time she spoke to me (of course it was - five minutes earlier she was like a month old), and I loved her voice. Only then I realized that she wasn’t a regular child. She was a little demon girl. And the weirdest thing was I still loved her like a madman. She loved me too. She gave me a strong hug, kiss, smiled impishly, winked and then changed back into a baby, so when everyone else came, they wouldn’t notice anything wrong.
     I loved this dream. I woke up happy, livened up. I think I may have some regrets for not having kids. It wasn’t the first time I dreamt about my daughter “Who-Could-Be”.

No comments:

Post a Comment