Saturday, July 6, 2013

In the docks

          Today it was my first time to go to the famous Liverpool docks. I found a good spot in Albert Dock and just had a lie down for about two hours, reading a book ("The Man Who Wanted To Be Happy" by Laurent Gaounelle, I'll write about it more later) and watching passer-by's (or passers-by?).

     The first one I took in an old courthouse (can't remember the name, you know the huge, ancient looking building behind the Queen Square). I didn't know what it was, otherwise I wouldn't go in. I thought it was maybe a museum or art gallery. When I realised where I was I was quiet disgusted. Huge, repulsing monument to the State coercion and cruelty. Everything designed to bring awe and fear in people. I escaped from the stifling catacombs as soon as I found the exit.

Still in the court

Getting closer to the docks. There were so many people! But I didn't mind. It felt nice to be lost in a crowd.



Chilling out on the patch of green, reading a book, peeking at tourists and pretty girls, snacking on a vegetarian sausage from Holland & Barret.


The Man Who Wanted To Be Happy - amazing book!

No comments:

Post a Comment